GUIDELINES FOR BOOKING OF SPECIAL TRAINS/COACHES
SPECIAL TRAINS/COACHES ON FTR (FULL TARIFF RATE) as on Date: 13/01/2015
1. All customers who desire to book special train/coach on Full Tariff Rate (FTR) shall pay Rs 50,000/- per coach by cash to the Station Manager of the concerned station from where the journey commences or at HQ cash office by cash / Demand Draft in favour of Chief Cashier, C.Rly., CST Mumbai at Cash Office, CST Mumbai as registration-cum-security charges.
1.1. Coach booking through IRCTC will be dealt under Rule 401(C) of IRCA Coaching Tariff No.26, Part.I, Vol.I. In such case, IRCTC may be approached for booking and refund of FTR claim. The Railways have no direct concern with IRCTC Claimants.
2. Customer shall note this is mere security deposit and not final confirmation. At least 18 coaches (including 2 SLR) will have to be booked for a special train and minimum Rs.9 lacs will have to be paid as registration-cum-security charges for booking a special train. A security-cum-registration fee of Rs.10,000/- per coach per day will be levied for tour programme exceeding 7 days.
3. Minimum distance for booking of Coaches/Saloon/Trains on FTR basis will be 500 kms separately for outward and return journey. Charges will be computed on point to point basis for full adult Mail/Express fare of the selected class for actual number of passenger travelling or marked carrying capacity of the coaches or whichever is more.
No concession will be allowed for booking of Special Coaches/Saloons/Tourist Cars/Special Trains (as per Coaching Tariff No.26, Part-I, Vol.-I).
Apart from regular charges the other charges include return basic fare for passengers of 18 coaches + 30% services charges on return ticket + detention charges @ Rs.900/- per hour or part thereof, per coach, Minimum charges Rs.1500/- per coach without giving any free time + empty hauling charges (it will levied flat 200 km per coach irrespective of whether the coach is available at originating station or brought from any other station irrespective of the distance hauled empty). As per Coaching Tariff No.26, Part-II, it is Rs.10,080/- for Sleeper class, Rs 29,952/- for AC III Tier & Rs.30,498/- for AC II Tier coach. Also note 3.708% Service Tax on Security Deposit and 3.708% service tax on gross fare is levied for AC coaches only. (Note: Rates indicated above are subject to change as per Railway Board commercial rate notification.)
(Ref: Item No.1-3 as per Commercial Circular No.1 of 2010, No.9 of 2011, No.62 of 2012 & No.72 of 2013)
4. The customer shall submit an application in prescribed form provided by CPTM office or can download the form from C.Rly. website www.cr.indianrailways.gov.in or can avail in Sr.DCM’s office of any division of C.Rly. The prescribed form filled up in all respects will have to be submitted in CPTM’s office or Sr.DOM/Sr.DCM’s office of the concerned division, at least 30 days in advance or maximum up to 6 months prior to the commencement of the journey. In the application itself party shall give undertaking that they have read FTR policy and are ready to abide by this policy. Party shall also attach a Xerox copy of money receipt obtained by paying registration fees. If the application is received for a date of journey less than 30 days in advance, approval of CPTM/COM shall be required as per extant rules. Incomplete application in any respect may be considered invalid.
5. CPTM office will register application, issue acknowledgement and give status like provisional allotment/waiting list to the customers. It must be noted that mere registration and its acknowledgement is not synonymous to allotment. Final programme will be confirmed only after examining operational feasibility and haulage confirmation from other concerned Zonal railways, if any. Also, in case of inclement weather like fog, heavy rains and accidents etc or on administrative grounds this approval can be revoked. If there is operational constraint for FTR special trains/coaches at destination stations, it can be changed by Railways wherever feasible and customer should accept it.
6. CPTM office shall normally give final confirmation to the customer at least 72 hrs before the date of commencement of journey. After receiving the final confirmation, party shall get his ticket prepared at the originating station with full details of intending passengers normally at least 48 hrs in advance.
7. Once the registration for FTR coach/train is made, only one time change in the date of commencement of journey within 10 days from originating date of commencement of journey (change of schedule/ postponement) will be entertained. This option of change in date should be given by the party within 15 days of registration. No other change like change in destination, type of coaches, itinerary, etc will be entertained at this stage. Customers who register their applications exactly six months prior to the commencement of journey cannot further postpone their date of journey.
(Ref: Item Nos.4 – 7 as per IRCA Coaching Tariff No.26 Part I Volume I)
8(a) Central Railway will keep two rakes of sleeper class coaches (GSCNs) for the purpose of allotment of special trains on first-cum-first served basis. As per demand, coaches can be allotted in this train (except GS coaches) depending on the availability and operational feasibility.
8(b) There shall be no fixed quota of coaches for allotment of individual coaches on FTR except during peak seasons like summer rush, winter rush, melas, etc, subject to availability of coaches & operational feasibility.
(Ref: Item 8(a) & (b) as per Railway Board’s Circular No.91/Chg-II/33/Policy dtd 09.01.1992)
8(c) Allotment of rake/coaches will be on the basis of oldest date of registration. If the tour ends late from its scheduled arrival time, then departure of connected FTR train may be late for operational reasons and the party shall accept it. Rake will be normally allotted on recycling basis with a gap of 24 hours between allotment of same FTR rake as per ODR and operational feasibility.
(i)WCB (Pantry car) may be allotted if it is available and demanded by party.
(ii)VPU may be allotted if available and operationally feasible only for storage purpose (party shall give undertaking to that effect) and only if taken along with WCB.
9. CPTM/COM may restrict/revoke allotment of coaches/rake due to lack of operational feasibility, other exigencies and on any administrative ground even after final confirmation (displayed on website).
10. Guidelines for refund of security deposit:
The Claimant should submit claim application to CCM (Refund)/C.Rly. office within 6 months from the date of completion of journey otherwise such claims will not be entertained and the same will be repudiated.
The Claimant should submit original folder of tour programme, original special ticket, original money receipt and other necessary documents along with claim applications for refund.
The Claimant should ensure that the particulars of each halt are recorded in the original folder and also the particulars of arrival time/departure time of coach/special train and engine number, date, signature and stamp of Station Manager.
10.1. Engine detention charge is to be recovered from the party as per Rule No.401.6 of IRCA Coaching Tariff No.26, Part-I, Vol.-I, Commercial Circular No.18 of 2007 dated 16.02.2007 and further vide Railway Board’s Letter No.TCII/2033/2007 Review dtd 16.09.2013.
10.2. Copy of instructions to the passengers for Refund of Security Deposit is as Annexure-I
10.3. The Claim will not be processed in the absence of original/incomplete documents and the same will be repudiated as per Rule No.401.8 of IRCA Coaching Tariff No.26, Part-I, Vol.-I. Incomplete folders will not be accepted and claim will not be processed.
The relevant information for the public shall be displayed on C.Rly. website www.cr.indianrailways.gov.in to maintain transparency and explain the process of allotment and refund rules. The status of party’s demand and allotment shall be updated on website every Monday or on following working day if Monday happens to be a holiday. It shall be made clear on website that information on website may change with course of time and accurate information may be sought from the office of CPTM.
Any changes, deviation in this policy, if desired, will be effected with the approval of CPTM/COM only
(Click here for current position of SPECIAL TRAINS BOOKING)
(Click here for current position of COACH BOOKING)